Navigating college admissions was relatively straightforward a generation ago.
But these days, it has become increasingly complicated and unfairly expensive.
That’s why I use Project Management principles to guide my counseling practice.
- The college admissions process is a project with a beginning and an end.
- Students, parents, teachers and counselors are all stakeholders.
- We need to identify academic, cultural and financial fit requirements.
- We need to set SMART goals and meet milestones.
- Managing financial aid for college is all about risk mitigation.
- Ultimately, the student needs to take ownership and responsibility for managing the project.
… because yes, managing the college admissions process is a big project!!